Sunday, October 12, 2014

"Shiver"- Day 6

Another night of shivering at a football game as fall just gets colder; my son tries hard and is so dedicated but rarely gets in for even a play, spends hours at practice and hours on the sideline. You will always know which one he is- he is cheering the loudest and is the one walking up and down the sideline patting teammates on the back and cheering them on. He never gives up hope, and never gives less than 100% at practices. My admiration for him is huge; I have parents tell me all of the time their kids wouldn't do that, would have quit. Yes, of course he wants to play, badly in fact, but he knows he doesn't have the experience. He wants the chance but knows in the middle of close game it isn't the time, and doesn't want to do that to his team. He would do anything for his team...he radiates the meaning of team sport. People also say it is a lot of time shivering and giving up to watch your child do nothing since he doesn't play; my son has come to show me that actually I am watching the kid who does everything, it just isn't something that most people even see.

No comments:

Post a Comment