Saturday, June 23, 2012

Hard When You Are Your Own Worst Enemy!

I tried something totally different tonight- Pasta With a Greek Yogurt Based Sauce, found on Pinterest and linked to the blog above.  I wasn't sure how the kids would like it, and had mac and cheese on hand too...but surprisingly it was a hit with all but veggie boy!  I am up around 7-8 lbs. from the 20 I had lost a year ago, and now that work is slower for a few weeks I am refocusing and thought this would be good to try.  I always read about the joys of nonfat Greek yogurt but this was my first time using it (notice I didn't say buying it, as I usually buy it and there it sits until it goes bad...).  Definitely has piqued my interest, next up is a ranch dressing I saw that uses it for the base.  I hope it too is a hit, as we don't buy ranch anymore because of the high calories, much to the chagrin of the teenagers in the house (who agree with me but miss it nonetheless).  Now if only it negated the calories in the oatmeal raisin cookies I made...lucky for me the chocolate chip pretzel cookies I made earlier in the week are finally gone (but I am dying to try several different cupcakes I pinned this week!)!  My own worst enemy because I love to cook and can cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment