Friday, July 6, 2012

Finally Finding My Brain!

We have been out of school for about three weeks, the first of which I spent painting the living room and negating my various degrees by watching trash t.v., the second of which I worked (comes with my job!) two days and played mom the others, and the third I spent in Charleston and Savannah.  If you heard a loud groan it was me having an orgasm over the pizza we had at Monza in Charleston!  After being assured the homemade sausage fit my definition of sausage (sorry, but it seems that these days anything can be made into sausage and it has really turned into a process vs. a product and that CREEPS me out) we ordered the tomato basil pizza and the sausage/onion pizza.  It was so good we got a third to go!  I am just in a love affair with brick oven style pizza and the world will just have to accept it.

Spent a lot of time learning some history- Charleston was an boat ride to Morris Island that included history and dolphins and the beach- best $ spent after the pizza!  Also spent time on the USS Yorktown (in 100+ degree heat, but  how could I complain when I am touring it for fun and those who lived on it were definitely not there for fun?) and checked out Magnolia Cemetery (interesting stories, esp. about the Hunley).  In Savannah we visited a Civil Rights Museum, which gave history from a different perspective than many of us were taught, and visited Ft. Pulaski.  Again, hot days, but how could I complain?

I also am no longer a Skype virgin!  I have never used it but this trip did it twice with my kids and I loved it, and I think they did too (they were giggly, it was sort of funny!).  I also completed the "50 Shades" trilogy, not for the sex but for the simple fact libraries were banning it...that is enough to make me buy most any book! 

Also continuing my new love affair with Pinterest...tonight making steak kabobs and we have four of the six plus a bf, and trying some Rosemary Bread but I adapted to the bread machine dough cycle.  Adapt is a loose definition, I dumped everything in, hit start, and am hoping...hold please for the outcome!  Dessert will be an angel food cake/blueberry pie filling concoction, we will see if that is all you need and poof you have a lowfat dessert that tastes good!  I am also counting calories with my Lose It ap again...spent a little too much time with my friends microbrew and wine over the past month!  Instead I will OD on Splenda sweetened iced tea and stay up later...wasting time...on Pinterest, Words With Friends, Scramble With Friends...but it is summer so :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment