Sunday, August 12, 2012

Date Night and Ravioli Rapture!

Ok, first, I have to admit, this is not an actual photo of what I made...but there wasn't a bite left of what I made and this was the closest thing I could find, and I just wasn't thinking before we ate- I live in perpetual rapture over what ravioli I am going to eat next (photo credit and another recipe that looks good here: http://easyvegetariancuisine.blogspot.com/2011/05/asparagus-gruyere-ravioli.html)!  Now, on to the story...I had about 16 of these asparagus gruyere raviolis left, didn't look like quite enough for a meal (~He~ can eat!) so there they had been sitting in the freezer.  We were having the Philips Crabcakes from Costco for dinner (yes, even I take the easy route on date night once in a while, but these are actually pretty good) and I wanted to make a side dish, and thus the idea for a ravioli pasta salad.  I searched and found a few recipes, read through them, then went off to invent mine.  IT WAS INCREDIBLE.  I pretty much went with whatever I had on hand that you would find in an antipasto or pasta salad.  To recreate this moment of rapture you need: Some cooked and cooled ravioli, about 1-1,5 cups; about 1/4 c. chopped Vidalia onion; I chopped two purple bell peppers I had gotten at the farmer's market- size wise about the equivalent to 2/3 of a large green one; about 1/4 c. chopped olives; about a cup or a little more of grape tomatoes; chopped mozzerella cubes (the "good" kind you get at Costco :)); I added some black pepper and garlic salt from the grinders, then mixed about 2-3 T of EVOO and 1 T of Balsamic Vinegar, poured it over then blended it.  It wasn't an exact science. I let it sit in the refrigerator for a few hours and thus a heavenly dish was born...suffice to say it blew away the crabcakes, but I am ok with that since I made it!

No comments:

Post a Comment