Saturday, August 25, 2012

Leftovers= Steak and Brie Cheese Ciabatta Sandwiches!

 
OMG!!!  So it is date night, and I wanted something yummy but fast, admittedly enjoying a lazy Saturday afternoon of tv, yoga pants, and him!  I decided to pull out some steak from my "meat basket"- that would be the basket of random frozen cooked meat I keep in my freezer.  It is full of those pieces that are always leftover- a chicken breast here and there, half of a steak, etc.  I knew I had a steak surplus and wanted to use some it...I also freeze the extra grilled onions with the steak.  Let me tell you- key here is the steak was phenomenal the first time, and it was cooked around medium well so that re-used it didn't dry out.  Tostadas and quesadillas are a breeze with my basket.  This time I went with open faced ciabatta steak and cheeses...I get the Costco pack of ciabatta rolls, they freeze so well! I toasted them for a few minutes (literally threw them on the bottom rack of the oven while cupcakes were cooking).  I generously spread each with dijon mustard, which we both agreed made the difference.  Next, brie!  YUM!  Several slices semi spread on each piece, then some of the grilled onions, followed by steak slices and chopped tomatoes.  I cooked them at 350 for 15-20 minutes, then topped with chopped lettuce (literally the last of the lettuce I needed to use up).  I have to say I am not one to brag but these were the bomb!!!!  On the side some simple sliced apples and grapes; definitely a fresh, simple and awesome meal (with the Bota box wine on the side!)!  Leftovers do not have to be boring!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment