Thursday, August 1, 2013

"Best Banana Muffins" is right!

I found this recipe several years ago, and it couldn't be easier!  It is THE BEST use of very ripe but not yet rotten bananas! Yes, there is sugar in them, that might have something to do with how good they are, but the kids devour them (maybe in the future I will play with less sugar, but as long as my kids brush their teeth and stay active like they are I am not overly concerned)!  I definitely will try to swap at least some butter for Smart Balance in the future, but the butter is soooooo good in it!

Simply take:
1 1/2 c. AP flour
3/4 c. sugar
1 t. baking powder
1t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 large egg
1 1/2 c. (3-4 large) mashed ripe banana
1/2 melted butter

Mix it all together (I just use a hand mixer), put it in muffin tins (it usually makes 15 for me) and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.

I like recipes like this that I can take on the road when we travel to a house with a kitchen, such as when we all go to the beach.  I can pre-mix the dry ingredients into a Ziploc, then record what needs to be added on the actual bag, and we are good!  I just bring along the other ingredients, or purchase when I get there, and the kids get fresh homemade food even on vacation, with very little effort- it takes no more effort than buying the boxes!


No comments:

Post a Comment