Friday, August 2, 2013

Weight Watching What??!!???


Yesterday proved to be a big 'ol challenge because I made those banana muffins so of course I ate one at 5 WW+ pts apiece!  I really am trying to stay in the points range for the day, and I also was making my first Semolina Bread (pictured on right, was more of a cornbread style, not bad, but not what I was going for, but I have 15 more lbs. of Semolina Flour to practice with, thanks to amazon!)...it of course has points too.  I found a recipe for a Tuscan style sauce which was perfect.  In one pot I put a can of diced tomatoes and- get this- a can of Ro-Tel (I only had one can of regular, so I pulled out a bunch of the jalapenos and went with it), and 8 oz of tomato sauce.  Some salt and pepper (1/2 t. each give or take) and some Italian Seasoning (2-3 t.) and let it simmer.  Meanwhile, in another pan, I sautéed half of an onion, some chopped garlic, sliced mushrooms and zucchini.  Once both were finished I mixed them together and was finished- too easy!  Served with spaghetti so that was the only real points, I used minimal olive oil in sautéing.  I added sausage for the meat (I put the sauce right on the bread).  I had to forego red wine with it, the price for eating the muffin, which is unfortunate, because I have several bottles from Nassau Valley Winery sitting here waiting (a must visit if you are in the Rehoboth area- & fabulous for a photo shoot too)!   I posted a few of our pictures I took there below.   There is always the weekend though!

No comments:

Post a Comment