Monday, May 7, 2012

Another Serendipitous Saturday...

We were headed to Kent Island for the night, and had planned to spend time at one of the more well known places for a night of food and fun...but not long before we left it occurred to me that we would be arriving at prime time and there could be waits to eat dinner, and I am not one that likes to wait...fast forward to Trip Advisor, and I found Bridges Restaurant, which takes reservations online.  What a fortunate discovery!  Three hour meal that was more romantic than what I thought it would be; the only negative was they were sold out of pizzas (?!?!?!?)...apparently with prom they had an overwhelming influx of high school students earlier in the evening. I guess that just gives me a reason to go back! The Flat Iron Steak was divine, the Cream of Crab Soup yummy, and the tapenade they serve with their bread was unique in a good way!  I also like that they have the wine lists but also have an "Under $30" wine list.  We were able to sit outside on the upper deck and it was perfect, it did seem as if it could get loud inside.  I hope next time you are headed to "that place everyone goes" that you think twice and check out what is next door...you might be serendipitously suprised!


No comments:

Post a Comment