Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Dinner in 20...

My recent fascination with brick oven pizza had me cooking tonight...had the pleasure of getting some things at Trader Joes this weekend, including a flat bread pizza crust ($2.99 each); made one with cheese and sauce for the kids, then the grown ups had sliced tomatoes, basil, and sliced mozzarella (I love all things caprese!)...and I grilled them, which made all the difference in the world in taste!  Also did Smart Balance and some Italian seasoning on some bread from TJ's, then salad- my go to salad- lettuce, goat cheese, toasted (in the toaster oven) pecans, and today strawberries; sometimes use Granny Smith apples instead, or even Clementines or mandarin oranges.  Also threw in some Craisins; Costco usually has a cranberry crusted goat cheese which is heavenly in this salad, but last time I went they were out...hope it was a temporary thing!  For dressing I just used the Kraft Light Raspberry Vinaigrette, but Balsamic Vinaigrette also works well.  I don't generally love salads, but would eat this one every day!  Start to finish dinner in 20!

No comments:

Post a Comment