Sunday, July 13, 2014

Day 12- "Discretion"

Something so many people lack, and that is so underrated...everyone feels they need to tell someone, or that they are entitled to know things about you, people have no idea how often I want to respond with, "tell me how this pertains to you?" I think we have raised a generation that feels everything is their business because all of their business gets put out there, and where there are so many single parents who are dating (as they should) but haven't drawn boundaries in their search for "the one." Your kids are not your friends, you are still their parent, and that is truly what they want. A little discretion goes a long way...and when it is time to put it out there then you do so collaboratively and thoughtfully. I will end here, because I could go on a rant here, just think about whether everyone needs to know before you speak, if it is your business before you ask, is it your story to tell before you repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment