Saturday, September 27, 2014

"Every Heart a Song"- Day 27

I named her for my favorite Van Halen song. Lo and behold she was a crier, so it was fitting, as colic was a huge challenge since her father worked at night. I got lucky...my "go to" musician in life had just released an album of lullabies, but many were rock songs turned to lullabies. Linda Ronstadt was my first concert, my first album, and can't think of something I have been through when a song of hers hasn't been on repeat since I was a child. Now, due to the ugliness of disease, she is left unable to sing and is ailing quickly. If you never had the privilege of hearing the tribute to her at this past year's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony you need to stop and watch and listen, as these talented women represented an icon who couldn't represent herself for her induction. Incredible how one musician can be so much to so many people. This is one of the medleys, but there were some individual acts as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment