Saturday, September 6, 2014

"Look Up"- Day 4

Three people that I admire for different reasons are literally fighting for their lives because of blood cancer. I watch them walk through this world every day, still working, going to school, doing every day things, all the while knowing their life hangs in the hands of chemicals & doctors & a lot of luck because cancer is so vicious. i look up to them and to those close to them who I know are terrified but do the same thing they do. What else can you do? Two are getting ready to undergo some hardcore treatment, & it is a helpless feeling  to know you can do nothing, for me it is striking the balance between taking things off their plate while making them feel useful & use their strength to put focus where it belongs. I'm grateful that these two allow that, there's no awkward tiptoe around & not talk about it, we are straight up you do/I'm doing/just handle it. I know it has been humbling all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment