Tuesday, September 2, 2014

"Lush"- Day 2

My parents have created what can only be called a lush family oasis. There is nothing they like more than when we can all gather. As a mom I understand it more now, because it is so hard for "us 8" to find common time. It is in no way an "I don't love you" on the part of me when I don't come or on my own children when they don't. Life doesn't afford us as many opportunities as it should. Needing the weekend to rest vs. play just doesn't seem right. It is things like this that have me rethinking what I do every day. The mental exhaustion. The lack of flexibility. The feeling I'm trapped for 8  more years because of pensions etc. That reason alone is why I don't want my own daughter to become a public school teacher. Summers off? Not so much, hard to afford that. Even if I could, what about the mid-year long weekend off when the rest of the world isn't traveling, or a week when airfare is better? Nope, not without a guilt trip & "payback." Some day I hope to retire & have time to create my own lush oasis for my family, & I hope they don't over plan their lives & work in a trapped job where they can't visit more often. Mine are 30 mins away & I struggle because the kids are all busy & usually on the weekends I'm exhausted. It is getting to be time to make some definite changes before I miss it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment