Monday, July 9, 2012

Give Me an A (& an H & an M & an L & 2 J's)!

So here I go on a special "blended family" project!  Did I mention that in our blended world all 3 sisters are from different misters, and all three brothers are from different mothers? In the end, however, we share them all.  The letters are traced onto paper, and I am working on 2 coats of black paint on the edges of the large letters (Joann Fabrics).  Later I will Modge Podge the paper to the letters, a first for me.  My end goal is each child's initial, which will hang over each child's close up black and white picture I will hang (either will get this summer or will go retro and do pictures from age 18 mos or younger).  I got the frames, 11x 14, I have the blank wall, so now it just time to get the letters and photos done.  In the end I will have unique and personal artwork in our home, representative of our blended family.  I think I will also do a birthday sign in the middle, with all first names and dates of birth.  This will all hang in our favorite room (besides the kitchen if I am cooking!), the gathering room...a great place to spend the day in your pajamas :).  I love only working part time in the summer so I can do fun stuff like this!  Will post when I get the letters completed and eventually a picture of the whole wall completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment