Friday, July 6, 2012

Pin This!

So, with my being back to logging calories I was very interested in the "just mix Angel Food Cake Mix & any pie filling" rage on Pinterest...mix, poof, and you have a low cal low fat dessert!  Well, me being me, half read it, and didn't bother to read the box since I wasn't using their directions...I failed to use a large enough pan (and DUH I have made Angel Food Cake before, I know this!)- yes, that is a 9" round cake pan, I don't recommend you try that at home; thankfully I did put a pan under it in the oven, that helped with the explosion (who doesn't love that burning sugary smell wafting through the kitchen?); I also failed to put the rack on the bottom of the oven, but did have it about 1/2 down.   Suffice to say the top got crispy while the inside was gooey; put some foil over it and then pulled it to check again after a while; top layer stuck to foil (and was actually yummy)...fast forward, turned oven up to the temperature it should have been at the whole time, put it back in on the bottom rack, and gave it time...it is the biggest explosion of Blueberry Bombe ever...but my 16 year old asked me to keep it until tomorrow so she can pick at it all night, and says there probably won't be anything left to trash in the morning because it is oddly good :)!  Well, I guess if she slowly picks away at it and it is gone I save a lot of calories!  Luckily I have enough calories left in today's budget that I think I will go old school with some Nilla Wafers (hmmm, maybe dipped in Blueberry Bombe!)!  Here is a link to what I was trying to do...Fluff Berry Cake Recipe .  Keep a sense of humor and working stove fan and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment