Saturday, July 14, 2012

Greek Delight!

Look what you get when you take a few recipes and combine them to make it your own!  YUM and I NEVER thought I would say that, and my Lose It app is also happy!  Frozen Greek Yogurt made in the countertop ice cream maker (can't believe that up until a year ago I had stored it away and forgot about it for many years, won't do that again!).  Here is all I did: 3/4 c. 1% milk, 3/4 c. heavy cream, about 1/2 c. sugar; warm just until sugar dissolves; add 2. c. Greek yogurt and mix in, I used plain for that tartness and less calories; I added 1 t. each of vanilla and almond extracts then put in the frig for an hour or two to get colder.  I also defrosted about a cup of frozen raspberries and put them and about 3 T. sugar in the blender, blended til all mashed up, then pushed through a strainer to remove the seeds.  Fast forward to mixing it in the ice cream maker until it was the thickness I wanted, then I poured in the raspberries and for what I calculated at about 185-200 calories per serving (didn't measure the serving exactly but I am close, and this made what I would estimate is 8 servings) I got a great treat with some nutritional value!  Next up- perfect a vanilla version that will get veggie boy eating Greek yogurt!  Might also try this with some Splenda in place of some sugar for myself.  Lovvvvvveeeesssss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment