Sunday, January 12, 2014

Day 11- "Life Is..."

...a day late and a dollar short?  Ok, this time I am just a day late, but I will be a dollar short soon because I am getting ready to pay for college- so busy with that financial stuff then chilling with "him" that I forgot to update here.  Ok...so life is...

meant to be slowed down and enjoyed.  There will never be enough hours in the day.  There will never be enough time with those you love.  There will rarely be things that can't wait until tomorrow.    I am going back to a book I read a while ago...it really is so true!  Sometimes I forget, and it is something I am trying to be more true to; I do well with the fourth one; the third one I try hard to do, especially at home, but I am not sure they see it, but that is ok- I have confidence the kids will look back and think that is just what you are supposed to do as a parent because it is what they saw.  I've gotten better with number one- hard at work because I am a 1:50ish ratio, and everyone's needs are usually of the moment and important, but I am trying; have definitely gotten better at home.  We work hard to meet each of the six where they are, so if it means devour NFL to spend time and have something to talk about with one, I do it.  If it means, "Can you help unload the dishwasher?"  while I happen to be in the kitchen, just so we can chit chat, I do it.  Two hour texting sessions?  Do those too.  Arranging family afternoons then cooking my brains out so it is choreographed in such a way they can all just hang out- done!  Where am I lacking?  That #2- PLAY.  Fabulous at home with it, but am gonna have to ponder how to make it work at home.  My BFF in the picture above doesn't know it but she is a master of all in her personal life, and I am pretty sure she is at work as well.  


What is The FISH! Philosophy?
The FISH! Philosophy includes four simple, interconnected practices:
Be There: When people need you, they need all of you. Setting aside distractions and judgments to be fully present is a sign of respect. It improves communication and strengthens relationships.
Play: You can be serious about your work without taking yourself so seriously. Play is a mindset more than a specific activity. It allows you to throw yourself with enthusiasm and creativity into whatever you are doing, in a way that is natural, not forced. "Playing” with ideas helps you find solutions to everyday challenges.
Make Their Day: Simple gestures of thoughtfulness, thanks and recognition make people feel appreciated and valued. When you make someone else feel good, you feel good too.
Choose Your Attitude: To actually choose how you respond to life, not just react, you must be intentional. When you get up, decide who you want to "be" today. Moment-to-moment awareness is key. Ask yourself throughout the day, "What is my attitude right now? Is it helping the people who depend on me? Is it helping me to be most effective?"
Through The FISH! Philosophy, we build stronger relationships with the team members we work with, the customers we serve, the students we teach and the people we love.
http://www.charthouse.com/content.aspx?nodeid=22610
I hope at the end of 2014 that I can say life is simplified, for many reasons, from clutter to navigating college to sending  my baby off on her own to cancer being that much closer to gone...peace xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment