Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Familiar Phrases

Day 14, "familiar phrases..."~"The Redskins are ahead!  The Redskins are ahead again!  The Redskins are still ahead with only 2 minutes left!  The Redskins lost..."  We hear it week after week, season after season.  It can be tough to be a sports fan, especially when you are a loyal 15 year old.  What he doesn't know is that I cherish the Sundays of Red Zone and Redskins games too, as I sit with him (he doesn't even care if I am doing other things, just as long as I am there and interact with him too), watch with him, and hang on the edge of the seat with him (gotta admit, I love the last two minutes of a good game)...and enjoy having him want to do it with me for as long as he will.  As I have said before, meet the kids where they are and it will make your relationships with them stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment