Sunday, January 5, 2014

Something New...

Write ALM...Day 2...let's revert back to January 2 for this one..."something new"...starting with a quote from Frank Lloyd Wright: "Think simple" as my old master used to say -meaning reduce the whole of its parts into the simplest terms, getting back to first principles." This is the way I have been thinking lately, and my quest this year is to set myself up for something new.  I have made some steps to hopefully lead to a career shift,  not a full change, just a shift, but one that will take me back to the simple things in life I hold dearest to my heart and beliefs, and that will hopefully allow me to go back to why I started teaching in the first place.  I've got to get back to passion in my work, and while it isn't gone, it isn't 100%, and that is just not good enough.  I literally broke it down into my mind as to what my passions are, and from there began taking positive steps to turn that into my career.  Scary? Absolutely.  Excited?  Beyond words.  Biggest challenge?  Finding someone who believes in me the way I believe in myself, as shifting within the politics of school systems isn't easy.  If it all comes together then by August my something new will be challenging me to use my passions every single day, and I cannot ask for more than that.
photo from Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment