Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Day 11- "Underneath"

Well I could say I feel buried underneath all of the work that I am not getting done because of state testing, or that I feel buried underneath the burden and time that state testing takes, but then I will end up on a rampage about my true thoughts about teaching, learning and assessing...and I probably shouldn't go there.  So, instead, I will keep it simple here...at the concert on Friday Dana Fuchs introduced this song by talking about how people act all hateful and spiteful and sinful, talking about each other, gossiping, whatever...but on Sunday they come together and put on a smile in church, acting like they are "all that, all the time"~ and how great it could be if we all lived like it was Sunday every day...here are the lyrics and video below...because, underneath it all, don't we all want to be happy?  Don't we all have our own battles?  Shouldn't we greet everyone we see with a smile every day, without judgment, as you don't know what they are dealing with underneath it all?

Dana Fuchs- Livin on Sunday video

LIVING ON SUNDAY

MY SKIN IS SOAKED BY THE RIVER RUSHING THROUGH ME THROAT IS DRY, LIKE A RAZOR STUCK INSIDE YESTERDAY I BEGGED A GOD TO MOVE ME I GOT SO HIGH IT HURTS TO CLOSE MY EYES
AND I WANT MORE THAN LIVING ON SOMEDAY BUT I’M NOT SURE HOW TO LIVE ANY OTHER WAY I WANT MORE, THAN LIVIN ON SUNDAY – I WANT MORE, I WANT MORE, I WANT MORE
SURE ENOUGH MORNING LIGHT CAME BLAZING LIKE THE HOLY GHOST MADE ME HIS CHOSEN ONE BUT I GOT UP TO NOTHING SO AMAZING JUST ANOTHER DAY WHEN NOTHING WOULD GET DONE
AND I WANT MORE, THAN LIVING ON SOMEDAY BUT I’M NOT SURE HOW TO LIVE ANY OTHER WAY I WANT MORE, THAN LIVING ON SUNDAY – I WANT MORE, I WANT MORE, I WANT MORE
WHAT’S THAT SMILE IN YOUR EYES STARING THROUGH ME IS IT A LIE THAT HURTS MY HEART TO NEED I WONDER WHAT IT WAS THAT USED TO MOVE ME IF I HADN’T LOST MY WAY OH WHERE WOULD I BE
AND I WANT MORE…
OH. I WANT MORE, THAN LIVING ON SOMEDAY BUT I’M NOT SURE NOW THAT I COULD LIVE ANY OTHER WAY I WANT MORE, THAN LIVING ON SUNDAY I WANT MORE, I WANT MORE, I WANT MORE
LORD I WANT MORE, THAN LIVING ON SOMEDAY I’M NOT SURE NOW HOW TO LIVE ANY OTHER WAY I WANT MORE, THAN LIVING ON SUNDAY I WANT MORE, I WANT MORE, I WANT MORE OH I WANT MORE, I WANT MORE, I WANT MORE YEAH YEAH I WANT MORE, I WANT MORE, I WANT MORE LORORE I WANT MORE I WANT MORE

No comments:

Post a Comment