Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Day 25- "Scent Memory"


Coffee. Seriously often the best part of my morning. Opening a new box of K-Cups and smelling them makes me want to go to sleep so I can get up and drink more!  So many comforting feelings and thoughts associated with morning coffee I don't know where to begin...he can actually tell you exactly where I have had the best lattes of my life just because of the location's ambiance- one of the sweeter things he has ever done is take me to Rehoboth almost purely so I can have coffee on the boardwalk- overlooking the ocean- & off season with few people around. Morning coffee on the couch with him is the best though. Please just know if the Keurig breaks we have an immediate crisis!

I would be remiss to not add two scent memories so many my age will relate to- we didn't grow up with entire stores full of sprays & lotions & potions promising you will smell like an apple orchard or a Malibu beach or midnight in Paris. We hoped that on Christmas or a birthday we would open one of these two fine scents...& I can still smell them in my mind. Boys just won't ever understand, nor will our daughters who chose to smell like a breezy coconut plantation today....
Wishing you peace, smiles & no black ice today.

No comments:

Post a Comment