Thursday, March 27, 2014

Day 27- "Hero"

 
I can't fathom how it feels to have my own child have cancer.  I know how much it sucks that his does, but what he feels every day is something I just don't know.  The anger, the compassion, the fright...all while working full time and going out of his way to still be the dad the other two need.  His kids live 45 mins away one way, and one is 45 mins away the other way, so it isn't easy.  He gets so frustrated trying to balance it all, I am not even sure he sees that all of his frustration is because he loves his kids so much and wants to give them what he can, which is hard when you are not living with them full time.  He doesn't want to be just a check each month.  He has had to learn new skills to deal with the cancer and with teenagers, and it may take multiple attempts but he gets there, and I see him become a better father every week for one reason or another. The world would be such a different place if every father embraced their responsibility and went out of their way to be a part of their children's lives.~xo

No comments:

Post a Comment