Friday, February 21, 2014

Day 21- "Balm for the Soul"

When I think of balm I think soothing and comforting, and soul is deep within...I often tell "him" he is my serenity.  Except when he is acting in a way that made my son tell me the song "True Love" reminds him of us because he spends half his life irked at someone or something.  I don't get it but I also don't tend to let it get to me.  So, in no particular order...the things that just make my soul feel the best would be...
This not my favorite picture of myself but one where he is obviously cracking himself up...but he is my serenity.

So is the very little bit of time I get with cousins and NC family, there is nothing like it!
& our Maryland kids...nieces and nephews included!  
There. just. never. is. enough. time.
But they are all balm for my soul when I do get to.  So maybe the true balm for my soul is my family.  If only I could fit them all into one of those little egg shaped lip balms and bring them out when I have time...
There are a few girls in my life who do the same thing, even though I don't see them enough...hmmm...now I feel like we are narrowing it down to anything that isn't work :)...I just know I am lucky!



No comments:

Post a Comment