Saturday, February 8, 2014

Day 8- "Awakening(s)"

My son took this photo last week; he is in Photography 1 as his "fine art."  Not necessarily by choice but the best of his options.  It is interesting because he knows nothing about it and is having to put in more effort than he does in his Physics with Algebra class!  I am using the opportunity to work with him and have some 1:1 and learn more about my camera, and I am experiencing a double awakening here...1- He just doesn't see it creatively.  He is very literal. 2- He is having to learn how to respond to a challenge; it is a good thing for him, and I have to walk that fine line between doing too much, coaching, and letting him figure it out.  The good thing is with each success he realized mom knows something and once he sees it he succeeds.  Last week was "motion"; this week is "lines."  I am simultaneously working to challenge him to not settle for minimum requirements.  Just because you only need 8 in each category, you cannot take just 8, you should take 28 and have options to work with and improve.  We have 4 months more to learn together!

No comments:

Post a Comment