Tuesday, February 4, 2014

"What we inherit..."~ Day 4 Month 2

As long as it is any part of them, I don't care what I inherit.  My parents are the most supportive, generous people I know.  I had to laugh when recently my nephew saw a commercial for the "Grammy" Awards and was confused about why they gave an award to a Grammy.  They were challenged at times and they are still here; there are so many things I regret saying or not saying.  I see my mother in my daughter and I love that.  

Interestingly I see in "him" his parents, and he knows it.  Sometimes it can be a real challenge, because he too inherited their best, but also some of the older world ways that are very different than how I was raised.

It will be interesting to see what our children inherit, being children of divorce but also children of blended families that are sincere and working and supportive.


No comments:

Post a Comment