Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Day 23- "Seek Wonder"

This view makes me seek wonder in many ways, as it is from the Pediatric Oncology Unit at JH in Baltimore.  I wonder everything from why cancer is so f-ed up with so few answers and so many questions and complications.  I wonder how families do it with no insurance or little support.  I wonder about the disparity in incomes in such a small area, Baltimore goes from poverty beyond poverty to excess beyond excess in a matter of blocks and minutes.  How does it continue to be accepted by so many people.?  How do you break the cycle of poverty?  I am forever seeking these answers and told that I can't save the world, but if every one of us sought to help one person break the cycle could we make a difference?  Problem is, too many people don't seek wonder that would be to the benefit of others, we are an egocentric world, many of us with our own problems that others can't see.  For today I am hoping these oncologists seek wonder to continue solving this mystery and find answers as to why we have a child back here admitted for the second weekend in a row, needing another blood transfusion, and hope that people continue to seek wonder for answers that will make a difference to others.  Peace xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment